The Sales Representative sells printing services to external customers by maintaining existing accounts and developing new accounts.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Obtains sales with new and established printing services customers and accounts.
- Maintains and expand sales accounts based on company requirements or goals.
- Completes quotes and invoices for jobs and/or potential jobs.
- Obtains customer job specifications in complete detail and closes sales based upon estimate and selling price guidelines provided.
- Maintains customer relations and customer satisfaction.
- Informs CSR’s of customer or account problems, changes, or new information.
- Assists the customer in planning jobs by offering creative ideas on design, layout, and binding by identifying the needs of the customers.
- Advises customer of prices for alterations or changes. Obtains approval or purchase order to authorize production to proceed based on alterations or changes, and obtains customer authorization for overtime if warranted.
- Interacts closely with Estimator, Production Manager and CSR’s to communicate customer or account information.
- Obtains accurate customer deadline dates and advises production whenever copy or proofs will be delayed, or when deadlines must be changed, while keeping Customer Service Representative informed.
- Assesses customer’s plans regarding future print projects, future budgets, and internal office automation or in-house marketing plans. Updates supervisor with new information.
- Develops additional customer contacts with each account to assure continuity and/or sales growth.
- Maintains expense account records and customer information sheets.
- Analyzes customer specifications in regard to company price list and guidelines to establish quotations.
- Attends scheduled sales meetings and participates in training.
- Must follow all company policies and procedures as specified in the departmental SOP’s and in the Employee Handbook.
The above list of essential functions is not exhaustive and may be supplemented as necessary.
Perform other duties as assigned
Technical degree in Graphics/Printing, or equivalent work experience (3+ yrs)
College Degree in Business, Finance, Marketing, or Graphics
2+ yrs work experience in Customer Service, Sales, Estimating, or Graphics/Printing service
SUCCESS FACTORS/JOB COMPETENCIES:
Knowledge or principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products and services, including marketing strategies and tactics, product demonstrations, sales techniques, and sales control systems. Knowledge of providing customer and personal services, include customer needs assessments, meeting quality standards for service and evaluation of customer satisfaction. Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocations, leadership, production methods and coordination of people and resources. Knowledge and structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words rules of composition and grammar. Skilled in active listening, speaking to others to convey information, persuasion, and using login and reasoning to identify strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, and approaches to problems. The ability to listen and to understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences. Must be well organized, able to respond quickly to changing situations, and computer literate. This person must possess solid teamwork and interpersonal skills.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical Demands: While performing duties of job, incumbent is often required to sit; use hands to finger, use computer/monitor, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Employee must occasionally stand; walk; lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distant vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work Environment: This position requires some work in an office environment and some work in a production environment. The office environment has a low noise level with ambient temperatures controlled by heating and air conditioning and PPE is not required. The production environment has a loud noise level and requires PPE (hearing protection), ambient temperatures are warmer in the summer and colder in the winter, and may have exposure to vapors, chemicals, dust, and odors. Other PPE may be required related to specific tasks.
Trend Offset Printing, West Division
3791 Catalina Street
Los Alamitos, CA 90720
Email Human Resources