Responsible for overseeing all aspects of the production of a quality product prior to the release to Trend customers to ensure, confirm and make certain that the product meets customer requirements.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Obtain job ticket and check office copy information.
- Ensure that Press Operators pull time stamped press sheets every 20,000 impressions; jobs with less than 20,000 imps require at least one quality pull.
- Ensure that Operators / Roll Tenders perform Press Room Quality procedures that includes, trim out and startup press pull checklist.
- Ensure Press Crews pull extra office copies and place in job folder along with color ok to be picked up daily.
- Ensure press and bind order for amount of office copies match.
- Ensure adequate amount of O/C’s were pulled and ran in both departments.
- Ensure Bindery runs the correct office copy stock.
- Perform random check of entire book.
- Conduct routine and non-routine analyses of in-process products, samples, finished products, or office samples.
- Check for pagination and ensure pages are not missing.
- Check for hickies, water spots, scum, slur, moray pattern, picking, registration, piling and fold & alignment.
- Check trim size.
- Check for biased trim.
- Check quality on presses and bind lines during work day.
- If a job is under “quality alert” make an effort to be on equipment while running office copies.
- Perform Customer color ok’s.
- Perform releases on new jobs and high quality Jobs.
- Perform other duties as requested by Management.
- Must follow all company policies and procedures as specified in employee handbook.
- When defects are found go immediately to department Supervisor for assistance with re-identifying another batch of O/C’s. If office copies are unacceptable and cannot be identified, inform/alert Quality Control Manager.
- Attend scheduled sales meetings and participates in new training meetings.
- Must follow all company policies and procedures as specified in the departmental SOP’s and in the Employee Handbook.
The above list of essential functions is not exhaustive and may be supplemented as necessary.
Perform other duties as assigned.
- 3+ years’ experience as 1st or 2nd operator on Heat set presses.
- Computer proficiency in multiple programs on a Mac or PC platform such as MS Office
- 4 Year College Degree in Graphics, or
- 4+ year experience in printing and Quality Control printing production environment
SUCCESS FACTORS/JOB COMPETENCIES:
Must be able to recognize subtle difference or similarities in samples, well organized, able to respond quickly to changing situations, must be able to meet stringent deadlines, prioritize and follow through on projects assigned with minimal supervision, be computer literate, quality conscious and customer oriented, highly accurate and detail oriented, and be able to identify and meet customers’ needs and requirements.
Must be able to conduct tests and inspections of products, services, or processes to evaluate quality of product and communicate with others to report and resolve quality concerns. This person must possess solid teamwork and interpersonal skills, and be highly effective in written and verbal English language communications.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical Demands: While performing duties of job, incumbent is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Employee must occasionally bend; stoop; lift and/or move up to 35 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distant vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work Environment: This position requires some work in an office environment and some work in a production environment. The office environment has a low noise level with ambient temperatures controlled by heating and air conditioning and PPE is not required. The production environment has a loud noise level are requires PPE (hearing protection, safety footware), ambient temperatures are warmer in the summer and colder in the winter, and may have exposure to vapors, chemicals, dust, and odors. Other PPE may be required related to specific tasks.
Trend Offset Printing, Florida
10301 Busch Drive North
Jacksonville, Florida 32218
Email Human Resources