The Quality Control Checker will receive printed/bound materials samples from press or bindery operations in order to check/inspect samples for defects and/or deviations from the customer’s quality specifications, rejecting failed materials, accepting approved materials, and transmitting accepted material samples to customer.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform quality check functions for ‘office’ samples and ‘customer’ samples as required by each customer/job by comparing colors, shapes, textures or grades of products with color charts, templates or samples to verify conformance standards.
- Reject non-conforming samples and accept conforming samples.
- Perform and assist with running the appropriate ‘office’ or ‘customer’ samples as required by the Customer Service PI sheet(s). Products must be inspected before, during, and after samples are ran.
- Collect, write, and maintain records, reports, and file data on press and bindery issues, stock problems, ink and chemicals, and/or other qualifying data to obtain required quality standards.
- Send ‘customer’ samples to customer as required by job specification.
- Communicate any and all issues to the attention of the Quality Manager. Interact with supervision to communicate quality issues and to improve quality issues to an acceptable level.
- Observe and comply with all safety rules and regulations.
- Follow all company policies and procedures as specified in the departmental SOP’s and in the Employee Handbook.
The above list of essential functions is not exhaustive and may be supplemented as necessary.
- If instructed, hand sort rejected products if some of the product can be salvaged
- Perform other duties as assigned
Understanding and comprehension of scale measurements, fractions, and decimals.
Written and verbal communication skills in English
High school diploma
1+ yrs work experience with Graphics/Printing services, finishing department, or quality control
1+ years working with press, bindery, or printing services
SUCCESS FACTORS/JOB COMPETENCIES:
Must be able to recognize subtle difference or similarities in samples, well organized, able to respond quickly to changing situations, must be able to meet stringent deadlines, prioritize and follow through on projects assigned with minimal supervision, be computer literate, quality conscious and customer oriented, highly accurate and detail oriented, and be able to identify and meet customers’ needs and requirements. This person must possess solid teamwork and interpersonal skills, and be highly effective in written and verbal English language communications.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical Demands: While performing duties of job, incumbent is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Employee must occasionally bend; stoop; lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distant vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work Environment: This position requires some work in an office environment and some work in a production environment. The office environment has a low noise level with ambient temperatures controlled by heating and air conditioning and PPE is not required. The production environment has a loud noise level are requires PPE (hearing protection), ambient temperatures are warmer in the summer and colder in the winter, and may have exposure to vapors, chemicals, dust, and odors. Other PPE may be required related to specific tasks.
Trend Offset Printing, West Division
3791 Catalina Street
Los Alamitos, CA 90720
Email Human Resources