Perform the set up, adjustment and safe operation of cutting equipment. Prepare product to be packed, collated or bound, ensuring that all items produced meet customer specifications.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Set-up and adjust cutter machine in accordance with instructions and job requirements.
- Set-up automatic cutting programs manually into cutter machine.
- Operate cutter machine and ancillary equipment to cut material into desired dimensions.
- Evaluate and make decisions concerning quality of product while cutting.
- Review job tickets and plan work processes to meet customer specifications.
- Keep accurate press sheet information with dates and counts. Monitor assigned machine during runs to ensure adherence to specifications and make adjustments as needed.
- Perform routine maintenance, such as blade replacement, lubrication, and waxing.
- Notify supervision of mechanical/electrical problems and complete “Work Orders” for parts/repairs that require maintenance assistance.
- Prepare load flags on each outgoing load showing the next operation or destination.
- Maintains a clean working environment.
The above list of essential functions is not exhaustive and may be supplemented as necessary.
Perform job functions of General Workers as needed.
Perform other duties as assigned
Ability to lift required material
6+ months minimum work experience as a general worker in Bindery
Ability to read, write and comprehend written instructions and basic arithmetic functions.
1+ years work experience in operating a Saber or Wallenberg cutter machine.
SUCCESS FACTORS/JOB COMPETENCIES:
Must be able to meet stringent deadlines and adapt to different working situations in short periods of time. Must be organized and have the ability to plan, prioritize and follow through on projects assigned with minimal supervision required. Must be able to interact and cooperate with team members and show an enthusiastic/positive attitude. Must have ability to communicate (verbal/written) with team members and supervisors. Must be flexible in job shift assignments according to job press schedules, work overtime when required, and be able to cover other shifts when needed.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical Demands: While performing duties of job, incumbent is frequently stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work Environment: This position requires work in a production environment. The production environment has a loud noise level and requires PPE (hearing protection), ambient temperatures are warmer in the summer and colder in the winter, and may have exposure to vapors, chemicals, dust, and odors. Other PPE may be required related to specific tasks.
Trend Offset Printing, Southwest Division
2323 McDaniel Drive
Carrollton, TX 75006
Email Human Resources