The Folder Operator performs manual and machine operated functions related to the folder operations.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Set up, adjust and operate folder machinery (the feeder, folding plates, and delivery).
- Set up for special processes such as perforating, scoring, trimming, gluing, etc.
- Evaluate and monitor printed materials regarding quality; make appropriate decisions to correct quality problems. Notify supervision if quality cannot be maintained at customer specified levels.
- Complete and record accurate production information.
- Coordinate and communicate with bindery crew in the technical and mechanical operations of equipment to maintain production output and productivity.
- Perform routine preventative maintenance.
- Assist other crew members (stitcher, inline stitcher and perfect binder operators) as needed.
- Adhere to all safety procedures and company policies/procedures as specified in the Employee Handbook.
The above list of essential functions is not exhaustive and may be supplemented as necessary.
Perform other duties as assigned.
Six months related experience
Complete understanding of U.S. Postal regulations concerning 2nd and 3rd class mail
Ability to operate weigh scale and pallet jack/forklift
1+ yrs work experience in a relevant position
Completion of Craftsperson Program, Vocational/Technical Degree,
GED or High School Diploma
SUCCESS FACTORS/JOB COMPETENCIES:
Must be well organized, detail-oriented, quality conscious, possess solid teamwork and interpersonal skills, be effective in written and verbal communication, be able to work with minimal supervision and follow verbal and written instructions, and prior experience in the areas of bindery and folder operation.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical Demands: While performing duties of job, incumbent is constantly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms moving material and manipulating things; perform physical activity that require moving your whole body; talking and hearing. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 80 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distant vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work Environment: This position requires work in a production environment. The production environment has a loud noise level and requires PPE (hearing protection), ambient temperatures are warmer in the summer and colder in the winter, and may have exposure to vapors, chemicals, dust, and odors. Other PPE may be required related to specific tasks.
Trend Offset Printing, Southwest Division
2323 McDaniel Drive
Carrollton, TX 75006
Email Human Resources