Forklift Operator is responsible for operating industrial lift truck (aka forklift) to assist with the receipt, transport, and delivery of all materials throughout the facilities in a safe, accurate and efficient manner.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Safely and efficiently operate forklift throughout the plant to ensure timely and accurate deliver of materials.
- Move and operate controls to drive fuel-powered or electric-powered industrial trucks, cars, or tractors to transport materials between loading, processing, storage, and shipping areas.
- Move and operate levers that operate forks or lifting devices (such as lift beams with swivel-hooks, hoists, booms, or elevating platforms) to load, unload, transport, or stack materials.
- Position lifting devices under, over, or around loaded pallets, skids, or boxes and secure material or products with shrink wrap, staps/bands or other securing devices for transport to designated areas.
- Manually or mechanically load or unload materials from pallets, skids, platforms, cars, lifting devices, or other transport vehicles.
- Inspect product load and assure accurate count verification through weight check and recording legibly and accurately. Perform verification that counts and load tags are accurate and correctly applied to pallets.
- Move materials throughout work areas as required.
- Move and place pallets in required areas for production use. Maintain adequate and accurate records to show pallet usage.
- Assure quality application of packaging materials for final transport/shipping, making sure that all identification markings/tags are legible and properly placed on load.
- Perform routine inspection/maintenance on forklifts or auxiliary equipment (such as cleaning, lubricating, recharging batteries, fueling, or replacing liquefied-gas tank) and record data as necessary on required inspection documents.
- Complete daily forklift reports at start and end of shift.
- Must follow all company policies and procedures as specified in the departmental SOP’s and in the Employee Handbook.
The above list of essential functions is not exhaustive and may be supplemented as necessary.
Perform other duties as assigned
Assist in organizing Work-in-Process (WIP).
- Forklift certification
- 2+ Years forklift driving experience in a warehouse environment
- High School Degree, GED, or equivalent, OR
SUCCESS FACTORS/JOB COMPETENCIES:
Successful candidates for Forklift Operator are dependable, have attention to detail in completing work tasks, able to guide oneself with little or no supervision, is willing to take on responsibilities, is cooperative with a positive attitude, is highly flexible and adaptable to the constantly changing work environment due to production needs, and maintains composure even while dealing with deadlines and requests. The Forklift Operator must have the ability to time movements of a piece of equipment in anticipation of changes in speed and/or direction of a moving object or scene.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical Demands: While performing duties of job, incumbent is frequently required to talk and hear, sit for extended periods of time while driving forklift or other industrial trucks/accessories, to use hands, fingers, feet and general body to operate forklift equipment, to grasp, move or assemble objects, get into/out off the industrial truck, and to smell (for the purpose of detecting propane odors). Required to frequently stand, walk, stoop and climb. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds to lift, pull, push or carry objects. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distant vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work Environment: This position requires work in a production environment. The production environment has a loud noise level and requires PPE (hearing protection), ambient temperatures are warmer in the summer and colder in the winter, and may have exposure to vapors, chemicals, dust, and odors. Hearing Protection PPE is required in working in production areas. Other PPE may be required related to specific tasks.
Trend Offset Printing, Southwest Division
2323 McDaniel Drive
Carrollton, TX 75006
Email Human Resources