Provides support to the Purchasing Department by preparing inventory reports for all materials and organizing warehouse to maintain supplies and control costs.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in recording receipts of usage and disposition of both customer and company-owned paper, and providing updates to all necessary departments within prescribed timeframe.
- Provide administrative support to Purchasing Manager in compiling data for reports.
- Discuss, suggest or recommend report designs/format, methods or procedures to improve inventory control management.
- Responsible for organization, storage, and retrieval of electronic and hard copy documentation.
- Provide accurate and timely reports to customers upon request or at prescribed intervals, identifying information such as pre-production material availability, material-in-transit, unusable paper due to damage or mill issues, paper consumed in production and post-production inventory.
- Interface with customer service and sales department regarding reports, including execution of physical inventories to confirm on hand inventory levels.
- Learn, understand, apply, and utilize functions and applications of the material inventory system, including barcode tracking and press/bindery usage procedures.
- Must follow all company policies and procedures as specified in the departmental SOP’s and in the Employee Handbook.
The above list of essential functions is not exhaustive and may be supplemented as necessary.
Perform other duties as assigned
High School diploma, GED, or its equivalent
Comprehension of scale measurements, fractions and decimals
Ability to use computers, scanners, and inventory systems/programs
1+ yrs work experience with Receiving/Inventory services
SUCCESS FACTORS/JOB COMPETENCIES:
Must be well organized, able to respond quickly to changing situations, computer literate, quality conscious and customer oriented, and be able to identify and meet customers’ needs and requirements. This person must possess solid teamwork and interpersonal skills, and be highly effective in written and verbal language communications.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical Demands: While performing duties of job, incumbent is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk; and hear. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distant vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work Environment: This position requires some work in an office environment and some work in a production environment. The office environment has a low noise level with ambient temperatures controlled by heating and air conditioning and PPE is not required. The production environment has a loud noise level are requires PPE (hearing protection), ambient temperatures are warmer in the summer and colder in the winter, and may have exposure to vapors, chemicals, dust, and odors. Other PPE may be required related to specific tasks.
Trend Offset Printing, Southwest Division
2323 McDaniel Drive
Carrollton, TX 75006
Email Human Resources