Interacts with customers to provide information in response to inquiries about products and services and to handle and resolve complaints, making discretionary decisions that effect the operations of the organization and effectively communicating those decisions to the customer and the manufacturing departments.
* Must have 4 years print coordination experience or equivalent, production experience.*
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Engage with customers as the primary contact after the sale, being proactive in anticipating customer needs, answering and responding to customers’ questions/concerns, and keeping in constant daily communication with customer to ensure timely and accurate delivery of product.
- Assist customers with making decisions regarding changes, and create, adapt and/or change procedures and/or paperwork to fit customer’s specific needs. Coordinate all necessary information on customers’ exact job requirements.
- Coordinate and maintain necessary records to document customer alterations, corrections and/or changes that occur during work-in-process to internal departments and managers as well as to the customer.
- Verify that all specifications and materials from internal and external vendors necessary for the completion of the job are in place prior to production.
- Coordinate and monitor all phases of production to insure accurate and timely completion of jobs.
- Coordinate testing requests and write and maintain follow-up reports.
- Coordinate customer visits to Trend facilities, ensuring a comfortable environment for customers and entertain visiting customers as necessary.
- Conduct “follow-up” after job is completed to insure customer satisfaction.
- Maintain close contact with sales department or sales person of customer.
- Determine and/or implement methods to improve production flow and generate cost savings and remain updated on all new technologies and plant equipment and understand how it affects customer accounts.
- Monitor and maintain inventory of customer-supplied materials, and issue purchase orders as necessary, and evaluate and approve invoices for outside vendor work. Document and substantiate all extra changes and quote deviations.
- Educate customers on printing process, new technology or production capabilities.
- Attend meetings as scheduled on or off site, to assist with customer needs or requirements (may include overnight travel).
- Attend additional job related schooling, computer and telecommunication training, seminars and/or trade shows as required.
- Ensure that quality is maintained throughout the entire customer job process.
- Follow all company policies and procedures as specified in the Employee Handbook
The above list of essential functions is not exhaustive and may be supplemented as necessary.
Perform other duties as assigned
High School Diploma or equivalent
Proficient Computer skills (MS Office)
4+ yrs Printing or Graphics experience
4+ yrs work experience in Customer Service in a printing environment
Associate’s 2 year Degree in Graphics, Communications, or related field
SUCCESS FACTORS/JOB COMPETENCIES:
Must be well organized, able to respond quickly to changing situations, computer literate, quality conscious and customer oriented, and be able to identify and meet customers’ needs and requirements. Must be able to work well under pressure and address/resolve customer complaints with a professional and courteous demeanor; must possess solid teamwork and interpersonal skills, and be highly effective in written and verbal English language communications. Must be able to travel, work weekends and holidays and be highly flexible to meet customer requirements/needs.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical Demands: While performing duties of job, incumbent is often required to sit; use hands to finger, use computer/monitor, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Employee must occasionally stand; walk; lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distant vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work Environment: This position requires some work in an office environment and some work in a production environment. The office environment has a low noise level with ambient temperatures controlled by heating and air conditioning and PPE is not required. The production environment has a loud noise level and requires PPE (hearing protection), ambient temperatures are warmer in the summer and colder in the winter, and may have exposure to vapors, chemicals, dust, and odors. Other PPE may be required related to specific tasks.
Trend Offset Printing, Southwest Division
2323 McDaniel Drive
Carrollton, TX 75006
Email Human Resources