Plans, directs, coordinates and implements organization environmental, health and safety programs to meet compliance with SCAQMD, OSHA, and Federal, State, County and City regulations or other compliance organizations. Reviews, evaluates, develops, implements, and maintains procedures and programs to control, eliminate, prevent and minimizing environmental, health and safety risks at the Plant. Conduct inspections and enforce adherence to laws and regulations governing health and safety of individuals.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Insure the facility is in compliance with all required compliance entities including SCAQMD, OSHA, DOT, NFPA, CARB, BOE, and all other Federal, State, County and City regulations or other compliance organizations.
- Create and maintain records and files of all environmental, health and safety policies, programs, and procedures.
- Create and submit required reports timely to all Federal, State, County and local agencies.
- Supervisor Hazardous Waste Chemical Handler and delegate responsibilities related to taking daily measurements, waste recycling, waste removal and hazardous waste cleanup where needed.
- Support operational risk assessments through weekly plant audits, insurance related inspections and accident incident review board.
- Work with Managers and Supervisors to implement, train and maintain health, safety and environmental policies and procedures.
- Schedule, create and facilitate regular employee, supervisor and manager safety meetings
- Administration of plant safety recognition programs.
- Main contact for alarm response and notification of plant alarms.
- Conduct training of all plant personnel including new hires on environmental, health and safety topics.
- Responsible for Safety Data Sheets and compliance of all hazardous waste documentation and hazardous waste hauler certification and proper removal of hazardous waste removal.
- Interact with National Director of Human Resources and HR personnel related to HR functions where needed.
The above list of essential functions is not exhaustive and may be supplemented as necessary.
Perform other duties as assigned
AA, or Degree in Environmental Studies, Industrial Hygiene, or related field, or
7+ yrs EH&S experience in Manufacturing/Distribution setting
Thorough knowledge of state and federal EH&S regulations and standards related to the printing industry for the following agencies, SCAQMD, OSHA, DOT, NFPA, CARB, BOE.
Certified in hazardous response (HazWopper training)
BS Degree in Environmental Studies, Industrial Hygiene, or related field
Ability to travel to attend meetings, seminars, other Trend Facilities, etc
SUCCESS FACTORS/JOB COMPETENCIES:
Knowledge of Environmental/Health/Safety principles, resource allocation, leadership, mentoring, production methods, and coordination of people/resources; fluency in English, including spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar; knowledge of laws, legal codes, precedents, government regulations, and executive orders related to EHS; ability to make presentations in front of groups and knowledge of training/instruction for individuals/groups related to EHS topics as it applies to plant functions; competent in math and computer skills; skill in speaking and coordinating with others, interfacing with all levels of employees, critical thinking, conflict management, active listening and dialogue, communication, negotiation, judgment and decision making skills, and solving complex problems by developing and evaluating options; strong team building and interpersonal skills; must be able to use personal protective equipment as required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical Demands: While performing duties of job, incumbent is often required to sit; use hands to finger, use computer/monitor/keyboard, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk; smell; and hear. Employee must occasionally stand; walk; lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distant vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work Environment: This position requires work in an office environment and work in a production environment. The office environment has a low noise level with ambient temperatures controlled by heating and air conditioning and PPE is not required. The production environment has a loud noise level and requires PPE (hearing protection), ambient temperatures are warmer in the summer and colder in the winter, and may have exposure to vapors, chemicals, dust, and odors. Other PPE may be required related to specific tasks.
Trend Offset Printing, Southwest Division
2323 McDaniel Drive
Carrollton, TX 75006
Email Human Resources