The Perfect Bindery Operator is responsible for setting up and operating one of the saddle stitchers or perfect binder machines. Must be able to demonstrate leadership and effective communication skills, to ensure that all items produced meet customer specifications.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Must set up machine and operate
- Set up and fine tuning of pockets to ensure minimal drops and stops during operation
- Set and monitor machine calipers to ensure quality of finished product
- Set up, adjust and repair stitcher heads as needed for smooth and trouble free operation
- Change and adjust trimmer knives
- Inspect working parts and be able to recognize those that need replacement
- Setup, monitor and maintain inkjet systems when applicable
- Constantly monitor quality of finished product
- Must be able to ensure general maintenance and lubrication of machine are done as needed
- Must maintain clean work environment and good housekeeping in bindery area at all times
- Must have proficient knowledge in all areas of job finishing sheet
- Maintains a clean working environment.
The above list of essential functions is not exhaustive and may be supplemented as necessary.
Perform job functions of General Workers as needed.
Perform other duties as assigned
Ability to lift required material
6+ months minimum work experience as a general worker in Bindery
Ability to read, write and comprehend written instructions and basic arithmetic functions.
1+ years work experience in operating a Saber or Wallenberg cutter machine.
SUCCESS FACTORS/JOB COMPETENCIES:
Must be able to meet stringent deadlines and adapt to different working situations in short periods of time. Must be organized and have the ability to plan, prioritize and follow through on projects assigned with minimal supervision required. Must be able to interact and cooperate with team members and show an enthusiastic/positive attitude. Must have ability to communicate (verbal/written) with team members and supervisors. Must be flexible in job shift assignments according to job press schedules, work overtime when required, and be able to cover other shifts when needed.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical Demands: While performing duties of job, incumbent is frequently stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work Environment: This position requires work in a production environment. The production environment has a loud noise level and requires PPE (hearing protection), ambient temperatures are warmer in the summer and colder in the winter, and may have exposure to vapors, chemicals, dust, and odors. Other PPE may be required related to specific tasks.
Trend Offset Printing, West Division
3791 Catalina Street
Los Alamitos, CA 90720
Email Human Resources