Responsible for setting up and preparing impositions of single file pages into plate ready files for a variety of printing presses while adhering to job ticket specifications, Standard Operating Procedures, and Detailed Work Instructions.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Analyze original files and proofs received from customer and compare to the job ticket to ensure accuracy.
- Using electronic page layout software (desktop publishing software) manipulate the format of the print job to the dimensions of the paper to create imposition to match job specifications outlined in the job tickets.
- Plan imposition jobs, create imposition templates, and update Press Schedule and Shift Change-over notes per Standard Operating Procedures and Detailed Work Instructions.
- Complete work in “Press Schedule” order and assist Creo Operator with imaging order assignments to ensure on-time delivery of plates to pressroom.
- Confirm accuracy of jobs and imposition templates per Standard Operating Procedures and Detailed Work Instructions, and troubleshoot/correct problem files as necessary to meet quality expectations.
- Enter, store, and retrieve information or data on computer-aided equipment.
- Examine finished plates to detect flaws and to verify conformity with master templates.
- Receive and execute plate requests for start-ups and remakes.
- Complete all paperwork and electronic data collection on a daily basis; maintain accurate recordkeeping.
- Establish and maintain lines of communicate regarding imposition status with Supervisors, Schedulers, Planners, Customer Service, Press Operators, Salespersons, Managers, and all other production departments regarding the accurate and timely delivery of products to meet production schedules and client requirements.
- Notify Lead Imposition Operator, Scheduler, Prep QC personnel and Pressroom Supervision of possible scheduling conflicts or concerns.
- Ensure proper workflow within the shift according to press demands and assist with setup for next shift.
- Maintain work area in an organized and clean manner, complying with safety, environmental, and housekeeping requirements. Report any machine or equipment deficiencies or safety concerns to the Supervisor.
- Must follow all company policies and procedures as specified in the departmental SOP’s and in the Employee Handbook.
The above list of essential functions is not exhaustive and may be supplemented as necessary.
Perform other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or GED
- Fluent in English language (written and verbal)
- 2+ Years’ experience in building templates, imposing files, and preparing to plate from written instructions
- Thorough understanding of offset and digital print production
- 2+ years’ experience in Prepress, Kodak Prinergy, and Preps
- 2 year Degree in Graphics, or applicable technical training, and/or technical seminars
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $18.00 to $20.00 /hour
- Building Templates: 2 years (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- United States (Required)
- Graveyard (Required)
- One location
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Bi weekly or Twice monthly
- Night shift
- 12 hour shift
Trend Offset Printing, West Division
3701 Catalina Street
Los Alamitos, CA 90720
Email Human Resources