Perform work to maintain, upgrade, or repair machinery, equipment, electrical systems/devices, or the structure of the establishment in order to keep those systems properly functioning.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain production equipment.
- Inspect, operate, or test machinery or equipment to diagnose and repair machine malfunctions or equipment failure.
- Diagnose, repair and maintain equipment in accordance with diagrams, sketches, blueprints, operation manuals and manufacturer’s specifications, machinery and mechanical equipment such as die cutters, web and sheet-fed presses, inserting machines, folders, conveyor systems, bindery equipment, etc. using hand tools and precision measuring and testing instruments.
- Repair or reproduce parts using welders or machine tools such as lathes, milling machines, drill presses, surface grinders or other machine shop equipment.
- Dismantle machines, equipment, or devices to access and remove defective parts, using power or hand tools, hoists, or other specialized equipment.
- Perform general plant maintenance and cleaning, inside and outside facility.
- Assist contractors with specific projects.
- Maintain inventory records of machine parts, tools and maintenance supplies.
- Perform routine maintenance and maintain preventative maintenance requests/records. Clean or lubricate shafts, bearings, gears or other parts of machinery.
- Performs other tasks as requested by management.
- Must follow all safety and company policies and procedures as specified in the departmental SOP’s and in the Employee Handbook.
The above list of essential functions is not exhaustive and may be supplemented as necessary.
Perform other duties as assigned
High School diploma or its equivalent
1+ years previous work experience
Demonstrated experience in mechanical, electrical and preventative maintenance systems
Vocational/Trade School Certification/Degree
5+ yrs work experience in print/packaging manufacturer industry
PLC troubleshooting experience
SUCCESS FACTORS/JOB COMPETENCIES:
Must be well organized, a clear thinker, attention to detail, ability to interpret and apply requirements contained in manuals, directives, blue prints and other documents. This person must possess solid teamwork, interpersonal skills, and be effective in written and verbal communication. Good knowledge of installation and repair of more complex equipment and machinery. Ability to inspect equipment, structures, or materials to identify the cause of errors or other problems or defects, providing guidance and direction to subordinates, including setting performance standards and monitoring performance. Must keep up-to-date technically and applying new knowledge to your job.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical Demands: While performing duties of job, incumbent is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, grasp, manipulate,or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear; smell for the purposes of detecting odors; use close vision, distant vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds; crawl; crouch; stoop; twist.
- Work Environment: This position requires work in a production environment. The production environment has a loud noise level and requires PPE (hearing protection), ambient temperatures are warmer in the summer and colder in the winter, and may have exposure to vapors, chemicals, dust, and odors. Other PPE may be required related to specific tasks.
Trend Offset Printing, West Division
3791 Catalina Street
Los Alamitos, CA 90720
Email Human Resources