Inspects press plates and off-press product for conformity to specifications.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Check plates for accuracy before release to press.
- Supplies presses with proper colorproofs.
- Check press pull-ups.
- Check bindery pull-ups.
- Interact with press and bindery personnel to communicate quality issues.
- Create rule-ups and deliver to Bindery Department.
- Order plate re-makes from plateroom using Remake slip.
- Organize customer-supplied art and proofs for return.
- Perform special projects as requested by management.
- Perform work per Standard Operating Procedures, Detailed Work Instructions, and Production Standards.
- Observe and comply with all safety rules and regulations.
- Follow all company policies and procedures as specified in the departmental SOP’s and in the Employee Handbook.
The above list of essential functions is not exhaustive and may be supplemented as necessary.
Perform other duties as assigned
High School Diploma or GED, or equivalent work experience
2+ years’ experience in print quality control with knowledge of print and bindery operation
Proficient in English language (read, write, speak)
5+ yrs work experience in a related position
SUCCESS FACTORS/JOB COMPETENCIES:
Must be able to meet stringent deadlines. Must be organized and have the ability to plan, prioritize and follow through on projects assigned with minimal supervision required. Must be able to interact and cooperate with team members. Must have ability to communicate and follow instructions (verbal/written) with team members and supervisors. Must be flexible in job shift assignments according to prepress schedules, work overtime when required, and be able to cover other shifts when needed. Competent in computer skills; basic analytical skills. Must be able to use personal protective equipment as required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical Demands: While performing duties of job, incumbent is constantly required to stand; walk; sit. Must constantly use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; frequently reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Employee must occasionally bend; stoop; lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distant vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work Environment: This position requires work in a light industrial work environment. The work environment has a low noise level with ambient temperatures controlled by heating and air conditioning. Must be able to wear Personal Protective Equipment as required to perform specific tasks.
Trend Offset Printing, West Division
3791 Catalina Street
Los Alamitos, CA 90720
Email Human Resources