Provide data processing support for mail and bindery operations. Interpret mailing project’s data processing specifications to set up and run the computer programs required to perform the necessary tasks to meet the job specifications. Use computer programs to store, locate and retrieve specific documents, data, lists and other information as needed. Act as a problem solver and an educator for non DP personnel with constructive comprehensive feedback to help improve the process.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with industry standard software to provide the best possible postage outcomes within the project parameters.
- Conduct trial runs of programs and software applications during initial set up to ensure they will produce desired results.
- Provide and maintain internal clear and concise documentation regarding each project’s data processing requirements and specifications.
- Understand and follow departmental procedures regarding all aspects of file handling, manipulation and its secure storage.
- Consult with managerial, production, and technical personnel to clarify program intent, identify problems and suggest changes.
- Perform or direct revision, repair, or expansion of existing programs to increase operating efficiency or to adapt to new requirements.
- Write, analyze, review, and rewrite programs, applying knowledge of computer capabilities, subject matter and logic.
- Print reports, labels or other documents as required while maintaining printing devices operable by applying necessary operator required maintenance.
- Collaborate with mailing personnel, customers and other users to develop new or modify current programs.
- Must follow all company policies and procedures as specified in the departmental SOP’s and in the Employee Handbook.
The above list of essential functions is not exclusive and may be supplemented as necessary.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree/Vocational Technical Degree or equivalent work experience
- 4+ years related digital mailing industry work experience
- Expert knowledge in one of the leading mailing industry software product suites.
- Extensive knowledge of printing industry and mailing systems
- Five years of mailing industry work experience
- Working knowledge of one or more of the following languages preferred:
Visual Basic, SQL, FoxPro or C+/C++
SUCCESS FACTORS/JOB COMPETENCIES:
Knowledge of digital printing operations/business/management principles, resource allocation, leadership, mentoring, production methods, and coordination of people/resources. Fluency in English, including spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar. Knowledge of laws, legal codes, precedents, government regulations, and executive orders related to mailing. Must be highly proficient in math and financial data. Skillful in motivating, developing, and directing people, being aware of others, speaking and coordinating with others, interfacing with all levels of employees, critical thinking, active listening and dialogue, communication, negotiation, judgment and decision making skills, and solving complex problems by developing and evaluating options. Strong team building and interpersonal skills. Must be able to use personal protective equipment as required. Work schedule flexibility is required in order to meet the needs of the customers and deadlines. Must be well organized, a clear thinker, attention to detail, high level of accuracy, problem solving skills, and quality conscious. Must be innovative, customer focused and possess strong leadership skills. Must have proficient computer skills, including the ability to operate computerized accounting, spreadsheet, and word processing programs.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical Demands: While performing duties of job, incumbent is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, use computer/monitor/keyboard, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Employee must occasionally stand; walk; lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distant vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work Environment: This position requires some of the work to be performed in an office environment and some work in a production environment. The office environment has a low noise level with ambient temperatures controlled by heating and air conditioning and PPE is not required. Office equipment (such as phones, computers, copiers, etc) is used. The production environment has a loud noise level and requires PPE (hearing protection, safety shoes), ambient temperatures are warmer in the summer and colder in the winter, and may have exposure to vapors, chemicals, dust, and odors. Other PPE may be required related to specific tasks.
Trend Offset Printing, West Division
3791 Catalina Street
Los Alamitos, CA 90720
Email Human Resources