Perform various manual and mechanical bindery duties to bind newsprint, magazines, publications or other finish printed products for perfect binding or saddle stitch binding operations. May set up binding or finishing machines and stage/organize products pre- and post- binding operations.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Follow directions and perform duties as assigned by the machine operator, shift leader or supervisor.
- Uniformly and sequentially jog signatures and place them, in the proper orientation, into pockets/hoppers for gather and stitching, binding, mailing, trimming or folding.
- Prior to starting any job, familiarize self with customer expectations and job requirements by conferring with the operator, coordinator or shift leader.
- Recognize form configuration, (i.e., high/low folio, no laps, etc.) and insure forms being used are those stated on the Product Information (PI) sheet.
- Have a thorough understanding of Postal Regulations for 2nd, 3rd & 4th class Load, sort, bundle, sack, box or label product as necessary. Insure postal audit trail is strictly adhered to and that all re-ordered books are merged with the appropriate bundles.
- Palletize, stack or box finished materials in accordance to customer specifications.
- Be familiar with quality standards. Visually inspect and pull substandard forms/books prior to loading. Regularly inspect ink-jetting to insure print quality. Bring any and all quality defects to the attention of the operator, shift leader, or supervisor.
- Operate hand trucks, and if licensed, electric pallet jacks or forklifts in the movement of raw, in process, and finished products within the plant.
- Must follow all company policies and procedures as specified in the departmental SOP’s and in the Employee Handbook.
The above list of essential functions is not exhaustive and may be supplemented as necessary.
Perform other duties as assigned.
High School Degree, GED, or equivalent, OR
1+ yrs work experience with Finishing Department or Graphics/Printing services, or manufacturing work
SUCCESS FACTORS/JOB COMPETENCIES:
Must be well organized, a clear thinker, have attention to detail, quality conscious, and must be able identify and meet customers’ print/binding requirements. The position has a high level of time pressure to meet customer deadlines or internal deadlines. Must be able to keep pace with machine speed. This person must possess solid teamwork, interpersonal skills, and be effective in written and verbal communication.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical Demands: While performing duties of job, incumbent is constantly required to stand; walk; use hands and fingers to handle or feel objects/tools/controls; reach with hands and arms; perform physical activities that requires moving the whole body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling of materials. Employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distant vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work Environment: This position requires work in a production environment. The production environment has a loud noise level and requires PPE (hearing protection), ambient temperatures are warmer in the summer and colder in the winter, and may have exposure to vapors, chemicals, dust, and odors. Other PPE may be required related to specific tasks.
Trend Offset Printing, Florida
10301 Busch Drive North
Jacksonville, Florida 32218
Email Human Resources