Perform the entry-level printing production tasks of jogging, folder tending, and make-ready assistance that are necessary for the quality operation of web offset printing.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Uniformly jog and hand-palletize banded or loose signatures off the folder equipment
- Prepare complete pallet or container box for material handler movement, and/or stage and move pallets or container boxes with hand truck or if trained, with electric pallet jack, to maintain press production.
- Select, move, and adjust stacker equipment for utilization with the press to meet current job requirements.
- Ensure adequate supplies are available in the immediate work area to perform jogging work, such as pallets, banding/strapping materials, container boxes, labels, etc. Notify press crew or material handlers of shortages so that more supplies can be obtained timely for press operations to be maintained.
- Check printed product for obvious quality problems such as fold, bunch, count, scumming, or anything else that would detract from product quality. Notify 2nd Press Operator or Press Operator of any quality defects.
- During make-ready, assist press team members with wiping down blankets, changing ink, performing clean-up on/around the press, mounting plates/blankets, or any other task as instructed by Press Operator, 2nd Press Operator, or Supervisor.
- Clean and maintain jogging and press areas continually to ensure a clean and safe work area.
- Perform work in coordination with the press team members to insure proper press operations.
- Register and perform routine maintenance on the press with press team members as required to maintain press functionality.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures as specified in the departmental SOP’s and in the Employee Handbook.
The above list of essential functions is not exhaustive and may be supplemented as necessary.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Cross train on Roll Tending duties and other press duties.
Able to read, write, and comprehend basic written instructions
Able to calculate basic arithmetic functions
Prior experience and knowledge of Jogging or web offset printing equipment
Knowledge of general warehouse layout and basic warehouse procedures
1+ year of forklift/pallet jack/material handling experience
SUCCESS FACTORS/JOB COMPETENCIES:
Must be able to meet stringent deadlines while efficiently stacking and palletizing signatures while abiding by all company safety policies. Must be able to maintain punctual attendance and be present at work station when shift begins. Must be able to interact and cooperate with press team members and show an enthusiastic/positive attitude. Must have ability to communicate (verbal/written) with press team members and supervisors. Must be flexible in job shift assignments according to job press schedules, work overtime when required, and be able to cover other shifts when needed.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical Demands: While performing duties of job, incumbent is constantly required to stand; walk. Must frequently use hands to finger, handle, grasp, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear; use close vision, distant vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds; crawl; crouch; stoop; twist.
- Work Environment: This position requires work in a production environment. The production environment has a loud noise level and requires PPE (hearing protection), ambient temperatures are warmer in the summer and colder in the winter, and may have exposure to vapors, chemicals, dust, and odors. Other PPE may be required related to specific tasks.
Trend Offset Printing, Florida
10301 Busch Drive North
Jacksonville, Florida 32218
Email Human Resources