As one of the leading full-service commercial printers in North America, we specialize in web offset printing of publications, magazines, newspapers, catalogs, advertising and government communications. Our state-of-the-art equipment produces high quality heat-set and cold-set printing—all under one roof.
Our plants are strategically located in Los Alamitos, California (company headquarters); Carrollton, Texas (suburban Dallas); and Jacksonville, Florida. We have created a national platform of customer-focused print solutions by replicating our best practices at our plants across the country.
JOB PURPOSE AND REPORTING STRUCTURE: Under the direction of Maintenance Manager, the Maintenance Mechanic repairs and maintains machinery, equipment, buildings and facilities, and installs new equipment and machinery.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Install, repair, rebuild, and maintain machinery and mechanical equipment used in production and related services, maximizing production time and minimizing down time.
- Explore methods for the improvement of machine operation. Upgrade machinery and equipment to improve production.
- Diagnose machine malfunctions and operating difficulties.
- Make repairs or adjustments to keep equipment in production.
- Rebuild machines and overhaul troublesome components and attachments to involve dismantling, inspection, machining or replacement of purchased parts.
- Perform various activities relative to the installation and relocation of existing machines and equipment to involve dismantling, erection, leveling, fitting and aligning operations.
- Perform maintenance on the buildings, facilities, and the grounds.
- Assist to determine the nature and scope of forthcoming projects and the requirements for completion. Complete assigned projects as directed.
- Perform all assigned preventive maintenance on production equipment and machinery, and the building and grounds.
- Order parts and supplies as needed.
- Maintain technical competency and remain current in technology and changes in the industry.
- Complete and maintain all required paperwork, records, documents, etc.
- Follow and comply with all safety and work rules and regulations. Maintain departmental housekeeping standards.
PROTECTIVE CLOTHING/EQUIPMENT REQUIRED: Requires the use of hearing protection, eye protection, safety shoes, and welding helmet, as dictated by the work being performed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Must have PLC and Drive experience.
Requires an associate degree in mechanical maintenance or trades training equivalent to a complete, accredited apprenticeship and three to five years of related experience; or four years of high school and eight to ten years of progressively responsible related experience; or a combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Requires the ability to read and work from blueprints, schematics and diagrams, the ability to operate fork lift trucks, the ability to operate a wide variety of small hand and power tools, and precision measuring devices, the ability to operate a variety of electronic testing equipment, and the ability to operate shop equipment. Requires the ability towork overtime and be on-call as needed.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: Requires a valid drivers license.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Must have own tools.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. This position requires work in a production environment. The production environment has a loud noise level and requires PPE (hearing protection), ambient temperatures are warmer in the summer and colder in the winter, and may have exposure to vapors, chemicals, dust, and odors. Other PPE may be required related to specific tasks.
Trend Offset Printing, Florida
10301 Busch Drive North
Jacksonville, Florida 32218
Email Human Resources