As one of the leading full-service commercial printers in North America, we specialize in web offset printing of publications, magazines, newspapers, catalogs, advertising and government communications. Our state-of-the-art equipment produces high quality heat-set and cold-set printing – all under one roof. We have created a national platform of customer-focused print solutions by replicating our best practices at our plants across the country.
Trend is currently searching for an experienced Press Operators (various Shifts) 12 hours shifts
Position will be responsible for leading assigned crew in the set-up, adjustment, maintenance, safe operation of assigned press equipment. Perform various manual and mechanical duties in the press production of various newsprint, magazines, publications, and other finished printed products. Other duties as assigned.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Assign crew members to job tasks in order to meet production and quality requirements. Rotate crew throughout shift for breaks/lunch and during work assignments;
- Provide mentorship and training to junior personnel / crew members;
- Observe and correct possible safety hazards. Report any and all workplace hazards, all related injuries, illnesses, and/or misses to management immediately. Adhere to all safety and workplace rules and regulations;
- Maintain departmental housekeeping standards (i.e. keep floors swept and free of slip/trip hazards) in all designated work areas;
- Ensure all equipment, tools, and work station are in good working order and free of safety hazards. Wear all assigned Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as required;
- All other duties as assigned.
Press Run Production
- Operate assigned Heidelberg / Goss press machine and ancillary equipment. Review job tickets and plan work processes to meet customer specifications;
- Set-up and adjust press machine (both manually and automatic programming) in accordance with instructions and job requirements;
- Keep accurate press sheet information with dates and counts. Monitor assigned machine during runs to ensure adherence to specifications and make adjustments as needed;
- Achieve, maintain, and monitor quality of signatures throughout the press run. Visually inspect and pull substandard forms/books. Advise manager, supervisor, and/or customer service/sales staff of any identified quality defects or production run issues;
- Order plates when necessary and assist in determining first save copies on all start-ups;
- Ensure correct proofs are available for each job and returned upon job completion;
- Provide accurate waste and production information to help establish future job costing.
- Perform routine maintenance, such as blade replacement, lubrication, and waxing. Notify supervision of mechanical/electrical problems and complete “Work Orders” for parts/repairs that require maintenance assistance;
- Work with crew and supervisory staff to establish and review a list of maintenance tasks to be performed during major make-readies;
- Maintain sequential inking systems on the press at all times;
- Keep track of all tools assigned to press / crew members;
- Communicate and follow-up with Maintenance department on all breakdowns and/or repairs.
• HS Diploma or equivalency;
• 5 – 7 years experience operating a web heatset offset press. 2 – 3 years as a 2nd Pressman preferred;
• Must be able to work 12 hour shifts. Ability to stand/walk up to 12 hours;
• Must have ability to effectively communicate in English as it relates in the performance of duties;
• Basic math skills to include adding, subtracting, multiplication and division;
• Must be able to work in inclement weather, weekends, late evenings, and overtime;
• Self-motivated, positive attitude, high-energy individual who can multitask well.
Trend Offset Printing, Florida
10301 Busch Drive North
Jacksonville, Florida 32218
Email Human Resources