The Roll Tender is responsible for setting up, operating, and tending paper materials and supplies necessary to keep the press operating.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Identify, requisition, move, splice, and load the correct paper to the press ensuring the roll size and basis weight for the current job while minimizing damage or waste.
· Esure that paper roll(s) is (are) loaded and available for the press to print; eliminate press shutoffs due to lack of paper rolls.
· Assist with press start-up and move controls to regulate tension on rolls, to synchronize speed of press.
· Report any paper damage or deficiencies to the Press Operator. Initiate and record proper paperwork for damaged/deficient paper.
- Remove finished butt roles/cores from press after use and remove paper from cores, placing in appropriate recycling containers.
- Re-wrap and/or identify rolls to be returned to paper storage with related paperwork.
· Examine work and adjust machinery as necessary to correct production problems
· Review schedule and communicate with Press Operator regarding jobs to be completed on current shift, ensuring that the correct paper is staged and ready to go while the current job is running. Identify any special ink requirements and have ink delivered to the press. Identify a makeready roll and show Press Operator a sample.
· Check ink supply at the beginning of each shift. Notify the Press Operator if ink supply is too low to complete the job(s).
· Monitor all chemicals and totes, changing them before they run out.
· Check the fountain solution tanks once per shift, ensuring clean tanks, working pumps and refrigeration.
· Ensure all press supplies and chemical are full and available for use.
· Assist with wash up, plate hanging, changing blankets and make-ready work.
· At press start-up, assist Press Operator with registration, cutoff and side lay position.
· Maintain housekeeping at roll stand and press areas; keep press clean by wiping the units off; maintain decks and handrails clean; empty trash; sweep floors continually during the day, and properly/promptly clean up spills.
· Return any unused ink to the ink room at the end of each job.
· Practice safe work habits. Understand and follow company and industry safety rules. Wear appropriate safety equipment/PPE. Report any unsafe equipment or conditions to your supervisor.
· Adhere to all company policies and procedures as specified in the departmental SOP’s and in the Employee Handbook.
The above list of essential functions is not exhaustive and may be supplemented as necessary.
· Perform other duties as assigned
· Cross train on 2nd Press Operator duties and other press duties.
Job Type: Full-time
- Pallet Jack: 1 year (Required)
- Rolltender: 1 year (Required)
- Forklift: 1 year (Required)
- Web Offset: 1 year (Required)
- Goss: 1 year (Required)
- Jogger: 1 year (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- United States (Required)
- One location
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable — more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented — enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible — enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented — would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
Trend Offset Printing
Email Human Resources