Assist Bindery production operators in functions as requested by Department Manager. Perform skilled duties in the troubleshooting and repair of inkjet equipment and associated control systems.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Diagnose and repair mechanical issues on all inkjet equipment in the Bindery.
- Monitor current production schedule and prioritize for effective job(s) execution.
- Reduce upcoming make-ready time by identifying what changes could be made to a standard make ready procedure.
- Ensure all proper printing equipment is ready for machine and verify machine is ready for production.
- Inspect all inkjet fluids on all equipment, and accurately inventory stock on all printers.
- Identify flawed equipment and notify Supervisor for vendor support and/or repairs to reduce downtime.
- Inspect all Inkjet Fastech controllers for functionality or any anomalies that will hinder production due to recent power failures and or long periods of downtime.
- Produce and supply all Inkjet samples for customers and CSR’s for Bindery department to follow for client specs and or Inkjet grid and Inkjet dump, to be coordinated with department manager.
- Immediately notify Supervisor if equipment conflict is noticed, (i.e., Inkjet windows direction, position of Inkjet locations and flawed/downed equipment.)
- Effective time management to assist in training operators.
- Maintain work area in an organized and clean manner, complying with safety, environmental, and housekeeping requirements. Report any machine or equipment deficiencies or safety concerns to Finishing Operator, Lead, or Supervisor.
- Must follow all company policies and procedures as specified in the departmental SOP’s and in the Employee Handbook.
The above list of essential functions is not exhaustive and may be supplemented as necessary.
Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma, GED, and/or 2+ years in press maintenance environment.
- 2+ years Inkjet experience in a print production and/or mailing manufacturing facility.
- Maintain productive relationship with co-workers.
- Read, write and comprehend written instructions and basic arithmetic functions.
- 2+ years of bindery experience
SUCCESS FACTORS/JOB COMPETENCIES:
Must be able to meet stringent deadlines, be well organized, able to respond quickly to changing situations, computer literate, quality conscious and customer oriented, and be able to identify and meet customers’ needs and requirements. Must have the ability to plan, prioritize and follow through on projects, skillful in motivating, developing, and directing people, being aware of others, speaking and coordinating with others, interfacing with all levels of employees, critical thinking, active listening and dialogue, communication, negotiation, judgment and decision making skills, and solving complex problems by developing and evaluating options, with strong team building and interpersonal skills. Must have ability to communicate (verbal/written), and must be flexible to cover other shifts when needed. Must be able to use personal protective equipment as required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical Demands: While performing duties of job, incumbent is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear and frequently lift up to 25 pounds. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distant vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work Environment: This position requires some work in an office environment and some work in a production environment. The office environment has a low noise level with ambient temperatures controlled by heating and air conditioning and PPE is not required. The production environment has a loud noise level are requires PPE (hearing protection), ambient temperatures are warmer in the summer and colder in the winter, and may have exposure to vapors, chemicals, dust, and odors. Other PPE may be required related to specific tasks.
Trend Offset Printing, Florida
10301 Busch Drive North
Jacksonville, Florida 32218
Email Human Resources