Coordination of shipping packages of printed materials utilizing and adhering to established guidelines to ensure timely delivery of material to customers.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Pack and/or label printed product according to customer packaging requirements.
- Operate scale to piece count specific quantities per shipment, if required.
- Create labels, manage, and track shipments utilizing UPS Worldship and FedEx Shipmanager.
- Provide proof of delivery, tracking reports, and price estimates to Sales, CSR’s and other departments as necessary.
- Assist fulfillment department with coordination of work when necessary.
- Respond timely to all inquiries that are made regarding shipments.
The above list of essential functions is not exhaustive and may be supplemented as necessary.
Perform other duties as assigned
High School diploma, GED, or similar education
Computer literate and proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
Basic Math skills
Fluent in English language (reading, writing, speaking)
Operate manual and electric pallet jack
1+ year experience in Shipping & Receiving
SUCCESS FACTORS/JOB COMPETENCIES:
Must be detail-oriented, accurate, highly organized, and the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers along with dealing effectively and cordially with customers and the general public. Must be able to meet stringent deadlines. Must be able to work at an acceptable and steady pace for extended periods of time in order to meet delivery timeline, which includes shipments needing advanced preparation for dispatch. Must be able to prioritize jobs based on due dates and transit times Must be organized and have the ability to plan, prioritize and follow through on projects assigned with minimal supervision required. Must be able to interact and cooperate with people in various departments and show an enthusiastic/positive attitude.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical Demands: While performing duties of job, incumbent is constantly required to stand and walk. Must frequently use hands and fingers to type, handle, grasp, or feel objects; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear; use close vision, distant vision and peripheral vision. Employee must be able to continuously lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Work Environment: This position requires some work in an office environment and some work in a production environment. The office environment has a low noise level with ambient temperatures controlled by heating and air conditioning and PPE is not required. The production environment has a loud noise level and requires PPE (hearing protection), ambient temperatures are warmer in the summer and colder in the winter, and may have exposure to vapors, chemicals, dust, and odors. Other PPE may be required related to specific tasks.
Trend Offset Printing, Southwest Division
2323 McDaniel Drive
Carrollton, TX 75006
Email Human Resources