Responsible for the production of press plates through the platemaking process, meeting scheduling deadlines and customer’s specifications. Operates and maintains plate imaging and processing equipment in accordance to Standard Operating Procedures and Work Instructions.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Enter, store, and retrieve information on computer-aided equipment.
- Operate and maintain laser plate-making equipment that converts electronic data to plates without the use of film.
- Examine finished plates to detect flaws, verify conformity with master plates and measure dot sizes and centers, using light-boxes and microscopes.
- Maintain, adjust, and clean equipment, and perform minor repairs.
- Mix solutions such as developing solutions and colored coating solutions.
- Select proper types of plates according to press run lengths.
- Analyze originals to evaluate color density, gradation highlights, middle tones, and shadows, using densitometers and knowledge of light and color.
- Create plates per plate requests for start-ups and remakes while meeting deadlines.
- Responsible for the imaging accuracy of all plates produced on platesetter.
- Notify Imposition Operator, Scheduler, Prep QC personnel and Pressroom Supervisor of possible scheduling conflicts.
- Perform equipment calibration per established Standard Operating Procedures and detailed Work Instructions.
- Complete and record accurate written records and electronic data collection.
- Communicate verbally and in writing with supervision, schedulers, planners, customer service, press personnel, and managers of any and all items related to platemaking.
- Adhere to all safety procedures, company policies/procedures as specified in the departmental SOP’s and in the Employee Handbook.
The above list of essential functions is not exhaustive and may be supplemented as necessary.
Perform other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent work experience
- Competency in using computer
- 1+ years related experience in prepress operations and plate output
- 1+ year of forklift/pallet jack/material handling experience
SUCCESS FACTORS/JOB COMPETENCIES:
Must be well organized and capable of communicating procedural problems, processing issues and potential concerns that may impact the quality or waste of plates and other prepress production issues, computer literate, proficient in math and analytical skills, highly accurate/detail oriented. Must have ability to take instruction and direction as well as offer solutions in problem-solving. Knowledge of Pre-press operations and planning requirement, and knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services (includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction). Must possess solid teamwork and interpersonal skills, and be highly effective in written and verbal English language communications.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical Demands: While performing duties of job, incumbent is constantly required to stand; walk; sit. Must constantly use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; frequently reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Employee must frequently bend; stoop; lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distant vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work Environment: This position requires work in a light industrial work environment. The work environment has a low noise level with ambient temperatures controlled by heating and air conditioning. Must be able to wear Personal Protective Equipment as required to perform specific tasks.
Trend Offset Printing, Southwest Division
2323 McDaniel Drive
Carrollton, TX 75006
Email Human Resources