The Shipping Department Class A Driver loads and unloads; drives a company vehicle for pickups/deliveries and verifies receipt of appropriate documentation is provided to ensure timely delivery of finished product to customers.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Drive tractor-trailer truck to deliver company product directly to customers, and transport material to and from plant.
- Must be able to operate a sit down forklift truck to load and unload material onto or off truck.
- Must be able to identify minor repairs to have trucks regularly serviced, always maintaining truck clean, free from obstruction at all times.
- The driver is responsible for filling out inspection sheet reports as required by (DOT) Department of Transportation Regulations and Trend Company Policies.
- Must proactively communicate major problems to department Supervisor as they arise.
- Must be able to palletize outgoing products while operating all equipment in a safe manner.
- Must be able to provide professional courtesy when interacting directly with internal/external customers.
- Must be able to perform general warehouse duties when production is slow and there is no driving work is available. –
- Attend production meetings to inform department managers on status of customer orders.
- Adhere to all safety procedures and company policies/procedures as specified in the Employee Handbook.
The above list of essential functions is not exhaustive and may be supplemented as necessary.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Class A License
- Computer Literate
- High School Diploma or GED
- 2 years work experience gained through performing as a Class A Driver in logistics within the printing industry
- AA in Logistics
- 2+ years work experience in logistics in the printing industry
SUCCESS FACTORS/JOB COMPETENCIES:
Must be able to meet stringent deadlines. Must be organized and have the ability to plan, prioritize and follow through on projects assigned with minimal supervision required. Must be able to interact and cooperate with team members in various departments and show an enthusiastic/positive attitude. Must be able to effectively communicate (verbal and written) with all departments, Supervisors and Management team members. Must be flexible and available during evenings, weekends and holidays as required by required by the operation.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical Demands: While performing duties of job, incumbent is constantly required to stand and walk; use hands and fingers to type, handle, grasp, or feel objects; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear; use close vision, distant vision and peripheral vision. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Work Environment: This position requires some work in an office environment and some work in a production environment. The office environment has a low noise level with ambient temperatures controlled by heating and air conditioning and PPE is not required. The production environment has a loud noise level and requires PPE (hearing protection), ambient temperatures are warmer in the summer and colder in the winter, and may have exposure to vapors, chemicals, dust, and odors. Other PPE may be required related to specific tasks.
Trend Offset Printing, West Division
3791 Catalina Street
Los Alamitos, CA 90720
Email Human Resources