Responsible for maintaining a stable operating network and communications system, including, but not limited to, planning, developing, installing, configuring, maintaining, supporting and optimizing all network hardware, software, and communication links. The Systems Administrator will provide timely, professional responses to first level technical support issues and take ownership until resolution escalation.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support all business and server applications throughout the entire lifecycle from installation, support, and optimization to patches, upgrades, maintenance, or service calls.
- Provide full support to the Company’s mission of commercial printing at the desktop and manufacturing levels as needed.
- Perform the day-to-day operations of the network host computers, servers, and virtual servers by monitoring system performance, configuration, maintenance and repair.
- Perform troubleshooting as required to diagnose hardware and software problems, and repairs defective components.
- Systems Administrator will take an active role in maintaining and managing users accounts and creates user accounts and access when directed.
- Actively support the mission of high availability and acceptable levels of performance of mission critical computer resources and is available after hours for problem resolution.
- Maintain security and protect all systems against physical, hacking, and viral intrusions and unauthorized use, create and generate Crystal Reports.
- Perform backup procedures, programs and documentation for backup and restoration of all mission critical systems and assist in the performance of all disaster recovery procedures and maintains applicable records and proof of successful backup.
- Provide the maintenance and performance metrics of the telecommunications systems.
- Communicate with internal and external customers, clients and/or employees.
- Provide employees and users with assistance solving computer related problems, such as malfunctions and program problems.
- Participate in the maintenance and testing the Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity Plans as required per industry standard and applicable auditing entity.
- Strive to maintain an educational awareness and knowledge of advances in computing technology that may be of benefit to Trend Offset Printing.
- Follow and comply with all safety and work rules and regulations. Maintain departmental housekeeping standards and attend scheduled safety meetings and participates in new training meetings.
- Must follow all company policies and procedures as specified in the departmental SOP’s and in the Employee Handbook.
The above list of essential functions is not exhaustive and may be supplemented as necessary.
Perform other duties as assigned.
- 3+ years in a Microsoft network client/server environment.
- Detailed knowledge of Microsoft Server Systems including Active Directory
- Proficient with routing, VLANs, firewall, security principles, and server virtualization in a VMWare environment.
- Formal 2 year degree or certifications in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, related field, or equivalent work experience.
- 4 Year College Degree in Computer Science, Business, or Graphics.
- Proficient scripting skills
- Detailed knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server.
- Work experience in EFI technical support or equivalent work experience.
- Applicable technical training, and/or technical seminars/certificates
SUCCESS FACTORS/JOB COMPETENCIES:
Knowledge of implementation process of progress data base, other programming tools, and a variety of software packages. Knowledge of circuit boards, processors, chips, electronic equipment, and computer hardware and software, including applications and programming. Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services, including customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction. Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, statistics, and their applications. Knowledge of systems analysis to determine how a system should work and how changes in conditions, operations, and the environment will affect outcomes Knowledge of business principles, structure and an understanding of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition and grammar. The ability to listen and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences. The ability to arrange things or actions in a certain order or pattern according to a specific rule or set of rules (e.g., patterns of numbers, letters, words, pictures, mathematical operations). Skilled in using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems Skilled in active listening, speaking to others to convey information, persuasion, and using logic and reasoning to identify strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, and approaches to problems. Must be well organized, able to respond quickly to changing situations and be computer literate. This person must possess solid teamwork and interpersonal skills and have the ability to train others.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical Demands: While performing duties of job, incumbent is often required to sit or stand; use hands and fingers, use computer/monitor, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and listen. Employee must occasionally stand; walk; lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distant vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work Environment: This position requires some work in an office environment and some work in a production environment. The office environment has a low noise level with ambient temperatures controlled by heating and air conditioning and PPE is not required. The production environment has a loud noise level and requires PPE (hearing protection), ambient temperatures are warmer in the summer and colder in the winter, and may have exposure to vapors, chemicals, dust, and odors. Other PPE may be required related to specific tasks.
Trend Offset Printing
100 Quality Court, Charlestown, IN 47111